#1 brittny85

brittny85
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hi!

I've been working on developing databases on my computer for a website I'm working on. I want to export the tables that I've created so that I can upload them to the website. I'm using phpMyAdmin and I think I've figured out how to upload the tables if I can get them exported. But I can't find the commands to export the tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
-Brittny

#2 Arenium

Arenium
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:04 PM

You're using phpMyAdmin, it couldn't get simpler. Just click on the "Export" button after choosing a table, select your options, and there you go. Just execute the SQL file on your target server. :)

#3 ryanlwh

ryanlwh
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

Export is under "Operations" tab in newer versions of phpMyAdmin.
Please use EDIT * 100...
Please use
or [php] * 1000...

PLEASE READ THE POSTED SOLUTIONS CAREFULLY * 1000000...

#4 brittny85

brittny85
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Sorry, I forgot... I am running phpMyAdmin on my webserver, but I haven't figured out how to get it to run on my machine. I found the mysqldump.exe but I can't get it to load. I have phpMyAdmin loaded on my computer I just can't get the index page to load. I'm willing to learn how to use either one I just can't get them to open up.
I've been trying to open the index page of phpMyAdmin in firefox (I'm assuming that's the right way to open it... but I could be entirely wrong). But when I do I just get a page that says this:

urldecode the db name if (isset($lightm_db)) { // no longer urlencoded because of html entities in the db name // $db = urldecode($lightm_db); $db = $lightm_db; unset($lightm_db); } $url_query = PMA_generate_common_url(isset($db) ? $db : ''); header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=' . $GLOBALS['charset']); require_once('./libraries/relation.lib.php'); $cfgRelation = PMA_getRelationsParam(); if ($cfg['QueryHistoryDB'] && $cfgRelation['historywork']) { PMA_purgeHistory($cfg['Server']['user']); } $phpmain_hash = md5($cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri']); $phpmain_hash_js = time(); ?>  0) { PMA_availableDatabases(); // this function is defined in "common.lib.php" } else { $num_dbs = 0; } if ($num_dbs > 1) { if ($cfg['LeftFrameLight']) { $query_frame_height += 20; } } if ($cfg['QueryFrame']) { /* Will we show list of servers? */ if ($cfg['LeftDisplayServers'] && $cfg['DisplayServersList'] && count($cfg['Servers']) > 1) { $query_frame_height += (count($cfg['Servers']) + 1)*15; } if ($cfg['QueryFrameJS']) { echo '' . "\n"; echo "\n"; echo '

When I go to load mysqldump.exe it will flash on the screen and then close before I can even read what is on the screen.

Sorry I should have mentioned that the first time!

Thanks!
-Brittny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users