Backing up databases

brittny85

Hi!

I've been working on developing databases on my computer for a website I'm working on. I want to export the tables that I've created so that I can upload them to the website. I'm using phpMyAdmin and I think I've figured out how to upload the tables if I can get them exported. But I can't find the commands to export the tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

-Brittny

Sorry, I forgot... I am running phpMyAdmin on my webserver, but I haven't figured out how to get it to run on my machine. I found the mysqldump.exe but I can't get it to load. I have phpMyAdmin loaded on my computer I just can't get the index page to load. I'm willing to learn how to use either one I just can't get them to open up.

I've been trying to open the index page of phpMyAdmin in firefox (I'm assuming that's the right way to open it... but I could be entirely wrong). But when I do I just get a page that says this:

urldecode the db name if (isset($lightm_db)) { // no longer urlencoded because of html entities in the db name // $db = urldecode($lightm_db); $db = $lightm_db; unset($lightm_db); } $url_query = PMA_generate_common_url(isset($db) ? $db : ''); header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=' . $GLOBALS['charset']); require_once('./libraries/relation.lib.php'); $cfgRelation = PMA_getRelationsParam(); if ($cfg['QueryHistoryDB'] && $cfgRelation['historywork']) { PMA_purgeHistory($cfg['Server']['user']); } $phpmain_hash = md5($cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri']); $phpmain_hash_js = time(); ?>  0) { PMA_availableDatabases(); // this function is defined in "common.lib.php" } else { $num_dbs = 0; } if ($num_dbs > 1) { if ($cfg['LeftFrameLight']) { $query_frame_height += 20; } } if ($cfg['QueryFrame']) { /* Will we show list of servers? */ if ($cfg['LeftDisplayServers'] && $cfg['DisplayServersList'] && count($cfg['Servers']) > 1) { $query_frame_height += (count($cfg['Servers']) + 1)*15; } if ($cfg['QueryFrameJS']) { echo '' . "\n"; echo "\n"; echo '

When I go to load mysqldump.exe it will flash on the screen and then close before I can even read what is on the screen.

Sorry I should have mentioned that the first time!

Thanks!

-Brittny

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.