cmg songs site

cmgweb

The 'California Marketing Group' part of the logo is barely readable (too small, and blue on blue is a bad idea).  Since there's virtually no content on the index, it looks like an advertisement for Southern California Edison.

For the shirt store part, why did you introduce mint green for your boxes?  Why not use the light yellow you already use as the background for the navigation?  You also need to work on each item's form inputs.  The color <select> cuts into the last letter(s) of the options available.  Both the color and size <select> elements should be aligned.  Make the color <select> the same width as the size <select>.  Finally, your quantity textbox needs to appear to be on the same line as the buttons to the right of it.  In Firefox, at least, the textbox is a bit lower than the buttons.

...it looks like an advertisement for Southern California Edison.

I just realized that's what the SCE stands for.  The most important thing I think you can do as a designer is illustrate what the site is, what's going on, and what means what.  It is clearly confusing what the entire intent of the site is.

I just realized that's what the SCE stands for.  The most important thing I think you can do as a designer is illustrate what the site is, what's going on, and what means what.  It is clearly confusing what the entire intent of the site is.

I would understand the confusion if it was a general public site.

Its a fulfillment site for SCE. They are the only ones intended to use it. They pre buy 200,000.00 in shirts and then each department orders what they need/want.

Thank you for the critiques I will be taking action and updating the site.

I would understand the confusion if it was a general public site.

Its a fulfillment site for SCE. They are the only ones intended to use it. They pre buy 200,000.00 in shirts and then each department orders what they need/want.

Thank you for the critiques I will be taking action and updating the site.

I'm guessing that in this context, SONGS does not refer to music, but rather some group/program for SCE.  Would have been nice to get that context in order for us to not think "It's named the songs store, but all it sells are shirts."

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.