Artist retreat rental studios - Looking for some help with homepage design

shortysbest

I am currently working on a website for a client. She is an artist and is going to be renting out studio spaces on the water, as well as an apartment for artists to come and visit and do their work. There will be workshops and other types of things going on as well. I have got a couple pages put together, but the homepage is what I really need to get underway. I am not the best with homepages no matter the project. Basically she would like to have an image of the ocean and land in front of the studio space to take up a good portion of the homepage, and she would also like to have a small description about what it is she is trying to do and everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (perhaps you would sketch it up or something) as well as any feedback on the rest of the site if you wish.

Link: http://www.kithell.com/test/sandy_v2

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.