Migrating to IPB

.josh

SMF is really an inferior forum software, it has no class or object in its source code AT ALL. It's just so unbelievable, not surprised if the script is already unable to maintain and upgrade at this point.

SMF is procedural because it is intended to be a small, lightweight forum system. It is great for small communities or simple needs. It seemingly lacks scalability, which is the main reason PHPF is upgrading.

the css line here is dark enough for me, but im on a beautiful 25 incher led monitor, i tried this forum on my moms older monitor a 19inch 2005 samsung i think, and the line does not seem bold enough, mostly depends on browser iuno

but i think on ipb they fix it anyway dunno what style phpf will have but on the default it's fine iuno

I've updated the original post with the schedule information (as seen below.)

Below is our migration schedule:

Friday, Sept 21 - The forums will be put in read-only mode and will possibly be taken completely offline.

Saturday, Sept 22 - Most of the main conversion process should be done, however we'll need time to do things like rebuild thumbnails for users & attachments (which takes a while for a board our size.)

Sunday, Sept 23 - Internal testing will occur that morning with our staff, and will re-open if no issues popup.

Monday, Sept 24 - All is back to normal, however some hotfixes might be required and thus some downtime might occur. Please let us know if any issues you spot.

Our IRC Channels will remain open all weekend and will not be affected by the forum conversion. The main site should remain up as well, however some downtime might occur with it as well.

I foresee a lot more activity on IRC this weekend. :)

Glad I have a hackaton with a friend/future coworker, will help ease off my PHPF withdrawals. :P

Anyway, good work to all of those involved in this. It's a hell of a job converting a forum of this size, with as many (custom) plugins as this has. Hope everything goes smoothly.