[Zend] - Initial view resource in bootstrap

TFT2012

Hi, I just start learning Zend Framework (1.11) and follow the ZF reference guide on Zend.com. I have a question here:

I added the an _init function into Bootstrap under Application folder. The whole Bootstrap codes look like:

class Bootstrap extends Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap
{
protected function _initDocType()
{
          $this->bootstrap('View');
          $view = $this->getResource('View');
          $view->doctype('XHTML1_STRICT');
}

}

After I adding this _initDocType() function, the main page http://localhost/public/ cannot be displayed. If I commented out the _initDocType(), then page shows.

Can anyone help me on this? Thank You!

Hi

im also new at zend , so im suggesting to try to do this :

application/configs/application.ini

Add to [production] section:

resources.view[] =

than check the main page .

also if done zf enable layout and added the code to layout.phtml you can display the layout .

i wonder if it will solve your problem . so if no tell me which errors you get , and if it did help .

Avi.

yes i can explain , you need to  initialize the View resource , just than you can use the view object . in fact what you wrote  and  gave the view[] which is exctly nothing inside , thats the initiate of the view .

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/learning.quickstart.create-layout.html.

read this it will help understand better .

and BTW if you want to share knowledge with me i will be happy , since the learning curve is heavy for zend , so i will be happy to learn from you and if i can help i will help also .

good luck .

Avi.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.