issues with Zend_Soap_Server

ajlisowski

I am having a number of issues attempting to set up and utilize SOAP in zend.

First, when I create my WSDL on my wsdl it returns:

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element

Location: http://internal.luna.com/appldev/applications/public/SOAP/index/wsdl

Line Number 3, Column 1:<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

However if I add die(""); to the end of my wsdlAction() I properly get the xml WSDL to display. I am not sure why I need to add that, as I have disabled layouts and scripts in the preDisptach for the controller.

So, adding die("") I got my WSDL up and running which is awesome. But now contacting it via a client is not working.

I am getting a soap fault of code HTTP and string Internal Server Error.

Further investigation into the stack trace shows the error occuring in /library/Zend/Soap/Client.php on line 989. This appears to be the code

call_user_func(array($client,'SoapClient::__doRequest'),$request,$location,$action,$version)

I do not know how to debug any further. I am not sure what is causing it. I am relatively sure my WSDL issue is not related. My WSDL is fine with the die("") so the client is reading it fine. The issue is in performing the request. Any ideas what is happening here?

Ok, so it turns out that even though I was setting the wsdl to not be cached in the client, i wasnt for the server. So the server was using an old WSDL generated from a class without the php comment declarations.

I am now successfully getting a proper response back from the server, however when I print out the result, it is empty. $client->getLastRequest() has properly formatted xml, but I cant seem the access the response. var_dump gives a null result. I should be able to figure this part out without too much trouble though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.