Simple CRUD generator?

ragax

Hi all,

What, a CRUD question? Yes, CRUD questions have been asked before, but everyone's needs are different and I couldn't find an answer on older threads.

With that out of the way...  ;)

I am starting on a new project, and I will need several CRUD interfaces for a number of mySQL tables.

I'm reluctant to start with the last CRUD class I built, as it's a fairly big mess of code spaghetti.

So I wonder if any of you would know of something pre-made, a nice class that can churn out simple CRUD interfaces without too much bending. Including some nice validation methods.

Don't need Ajax and a whole lot of JS hoopla, this is just for me.

And I really don't feel like installing a heavy framework.

At this stage I have one lead (a script from a Lynda tut), but I'd rather take the temperature with the experts here and take my time before jumping in.

If nothing suits I might have to go the DYI route again, but I have a feeling that someone is going to know about just the right thing.

Much looking for your insights.

To clarify, I don't want to use a framework at all.

It's a perfect solution for a lot of people, no doubt about that. But not for me, given how my time is invested. I'm not in a position to monitor another code base---updating, etc.

That's the context for my question. A simple CRUD generator that is nicely self-contained.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Updating the post to share how it went, in case anyone is on the same track.

I tried a few things but didn't like any. The CATO generator was a mess to install. The phpscaffold online solution didn't generate anything I liked.

So I ended up coding it from the ground up, and I'm glad I did: something I fully understand and that perfectly meets my needs. I still have a couple of days of work left on it.

For me, interfaces have always been the annoying part of database work. Now (I hope) it's going to be a treat.

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.