Restaurant Wesbite

nickbrookfield

I like the look, but two complaints:

1. The menus are .pdf files.  I hate that.  You should never, ever, ever force the user to have an add-on and to open another window in order to view what's primarily textual data.  There's no reason why you can't incorporate the menus into the site itself, with a printer friendly version available.

2. The background images have a distracting load time and pop-in.

"The Weighing Room" on the left menu looks like it is cut off on my screen, not sure if anything is below it or not.

I see you fade the background image in, but to make it "cleaner", you could do some js like so:

imgPath = "/path/to/image.jpg";
img = new Image();
img.src = imgPath;
img.load = function(){
    $("#myDiv").css({backgroundImage: imgPath, display: "none"}).fadeIn("fast");
}

"The Weighing Room" on the left menu looks like it is cut off on my screen, not sure if anything is below it or not.

I see you fade the background image in, but to make it "cleaner", you could do some js like so:

imgPath = "/path/to/image.jpg";
img = new Image();
img.src = imgPath;
img.load = function(){
    $("#myDiv").css({backgroundImage: imgPath, display: "none"}).fadeIn("fast");
}

Hi Little guy,

thanks for the js clean up. i'll give that a blast tonight.

How do you mean about the menu being cut off? which browser are you using? any chance of a screen grab?

many thanks again!

nick

The site is neat, I'll give you that. However my largest concern is how vivid the backgrounds are in comparison with the opaque containers.  The clash is too intense to legibly read the words without strain

yDTp.png

many thanks for the positive feedback. i'll have a play with the opacity to make the content clearer

cheers, nick

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.