Poker as an OOP Example

carugala

Hokay, this shouldn't be that hard?  right?

pre: (what we need)

rules o poker(....

deck o cards

place to play

way to manage the poker

anyone help with some requirements gathering, and maybe some simple documentation?

nfs, thanks

anyone help with some requirements gathering, and maybe some simple documentation?

That's what google is for.  This forum is for you doing the work and telling us where you're stuck. If you ask a verbose enough question in a half-decent manner, I'm sure the community will come through for you.

That's what google is for.  This forum is for you doing the work and telling us where you're stuck. If you ask a verbose enough question in a half-decent manner, I'm sure the community will come through for you.

Really!  google is a search engine, an interweb search engine.  I'll take that answer as you don't know.  Did you google "poker as an OOP example"?

hakimserwa, I learned OOP before the interwebs even existed, thus even before PHP existed!

youse touse seem more stuck than I am....

Poker as an OOP Example

guess this is hard.

as this is php forum, the environment is well defined. basically browser and php.

Is poker a good OOP example?  from all the replies, not a 1?  but again, what is a good example?

pfft, I'll take my deck and play elsewhere.  hal, 'open the pod bay doors'

What are you asking

If it's merely "Is a poker app a good way to learn OOP?" then, well, yeah, it could be.  That said, a lot of things are good ways to learn OOP, and there's nothing inherent in poker that would make it superior to another form of game, or another kind of app altogether.

If you're asking how to build a poker app, well, we don't write full scripts for people.  We help people with code they're in the process of writing.  So show us what code you've written so far, and we can go from there.

as this is php forum, the environment is well defined. basically browser and php.

pfft, I'll take my deck and play elsewhere.  hal, 'open the pod bay doors'

We can assist with a range of topics, not just PHP. People with various backgrounds contribute to these forums, you need only to ask the question. Moreover, you need to define your question correctly in the first instance to get a decent and valid reply. There's no point in asking your question, then saying you'll go else where; you waste every-bodies time including yours.

And take note of what Kevin said, hits the nail on the head.

If it's merely "Is a poker app a good way to learn OOP?" then, well, yeah, it could be.

this may be harsh, wtf is the subject of the post? ""?

is the concept of discussing OOP, too far and high?  The best oop example is:

drumroll please: minesweeper

0.29$ on iOS, with zune 68BBE coupon code.

If it's merely "Is a poker app a good way to learn OOP?" then, well, yeah, it could be.

this may be harsh, wtf is the subject of the post? ""?

The subject of the post is trying to figure out what the hell the purpose of your original post is supposed to be.

is the concept of discussing OOP, too far and high?

If you haven't noticed, this is the PHP CODING Help subforum.  Which means that this is the place for people to ask for help with their (wait for it...) code.  It is not the place to have discussions about coding.  That would be either the App Design subforum or the Miscellaneous subforum, depending on how abstract the conversation is.

The best oop example is:

drumroll please: minesweeper

Why?  What makes you say that?  Why not Tetris?  Why not Solitaire?  Why not Othello?

0.29$ on iOS, with zune 68BBE coupon code.

Yay, spam.  Thread locked.