Photo

AJAXFreaks.com Anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#21 72dpi

72dpi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

I'll get cracking on the layout design & color scheme & logo for ya site.

That's as far as I can go into AJAX.

Here I was thinking AJAX was used to clean dirty sinks heh heh.....
[a href="http://www.72dpi.net.au" target="_blank"]72dpi[/a]

#22 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the layout is probably mostly done... it'll probably be a copy of this site.

Info: PHP Manual

#23 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

I'll get cracking on the layout design & color scheme & logo for ya site.

View Post

i agree with ober: i would think the AJAX portion would merely be a mirrored look of PHPFreaks... maybe a color scheme change slightly, but why mess with a good thing? eric may have something else in mind, but that was my impression
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#24 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:49 AM

Well in case no one noticed, he is the one who designed the layout for this site. So I am sure he knows what he is doing.

#25 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:36 PM

Oh. Didn't know that was the case.

#26 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

Oh.  Didn't know that was the case.

View Post

lol... same here.

where'd you figure that out, steelman?
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#27 Gast

Gast
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:54 PM

I have seen some uses of AJAX (the latest release of vBulletin uses it) and I would definately be interested in learning it. I will give anything a go, so if I get into it I would happily write some tutorials for it. I will do some reading about it and have a go at it.
OS and Internet Specs:
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2

Tutorials:
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application

#28 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

Ok, just finished a very good tutorial and built my first AJAX app and I'm about to go dump it into one of my new development apps... this is going to be awesome. :)

EDIT: and yeah... the AJAX uses in the latest release of VBulletin are awesome. If anyone wants to check it out, I upgraded my board a few weeks ago: http://forums.entropysink.com

#29 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Okay my bit of info was found out on this site in plain view. Scroll to the bottom of the screen on phpfreaks. It says " © Copyright 2002 - 2005 The Web Freaks, INC. | Layout Design: 72dpi" :) LOL. I cant' believe I was the only one to notice that, but then I pay attention to detail.

#30 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

Okay my bit of info was found out on this site in plain view. Scroll to the bottom of the screen on phpfreaks.  It says " © Copyright 2002 - 2005 The Web Freaks, INC. | Layout Design: 72dpi"  :)  LOL.  I cant' believe I was the only one to notice that, but then I pay attention to detail.

View Post

ah, yes... that's partly because you don't expect to see 2 copyrights on one page. i scrolled far enough to see the IPB copyright and PHPFreaks license, and didn't even think about scrolling further

<?php
{   $life->study(); } ?>

#31 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:48 PM

Okay my bit of info was found out on this site in plain view. Scroll to the bottom of the screen on phpfreaks.  It says " © Copyright 2002 - 2005 The Web Freaks, INC. | Layout Design: 72dpi"  :)  LOL.  I cant' believe I was the only one to notice that, but then I pay attention to detail.

View Post

Yeah, Ryan - 72dpi is an old friend of The Web Freaks. He's done some design jobs for us before and he's a cool guy.
Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock
Got LAMP?
http://www.Phpfreaks.com Founder

#32 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, Ryan - 72dpi is an old friend of The Web Freaks. He's done some design jobs for us before and he's a cool guy.

View Post

that just goes to show you can't judge anything based on number of posts ;-) lol.

sorry, ryan... my apologies

<?php
{   $life->study(); } ?>

#33 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

not ryan, ron or ronald :) Thanks. It is a casual mistake, so it is okay. Just thought I would point it out
So eric, when can we start working on stuff? give me a project any time.

#34 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:14 PM

Obsidian was saying "sorry" to 72dpi (aka Ryan)... not you.

#35 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

OH! :) my bad

#36 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

Ok, this stuff is awesome.... when I do start writing tutorials and answering questions? :)

#37 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

Ok, this stuff is awesome.... when I do start writing tutorials and answering questions?  :)

View Post

i know... when you start merging techs like this, it's phenominal what can be created. i think i'll write a tutorial for a "live" dayplanner or something

<?php
{   $life->study(); } ?>

#38 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

Well, seeing as how the site doesn't even have a layout as of right now, I think I'll wait until I have somewhere to post stuff before I start writing tuts.

EDIT: Now I'm going to have to write a PHP class to do all my processing. I guess I could download one, but what would be the fun in that?

#39 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:11 PM

72dpi is an old friend of The Web Freaks. He's done some design jobs for us before and he's a cool guy.

I think I remember reading the thread where 72dpi was in the process of designing the new site... I wasn't around when it happened, but I read it.

On-topic, I'm going to play with AJAX ASAIGH. (translates to: as soon as I get home :) )
I'm hearing all this hype about it and can't resist the coolness of the whole idea... imagine not even having to refresh! Yay!
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#40 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:47 AM

So what is the deal on this? When will we start working on AJAXFreaks??? I am excited.