Photo

AJAXFreaks.com Anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#81 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:41 PM

AJAX certainly opens up a lot of really interesting options.  i only just picked it up last weekend but am already comfortable with it and very happy with its possibilities.

#82 pixy

pixy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:44 PM

Exactly how much javascript should you know before trying to use AJAX? I know absolutely no javascript, but I'd love to use it.

And is this something AJAX could do: Say you have a shop online where people buy with little points they accumulate for doing things. Then whenever a shop item is bought it disappears from the page without having to reload the page?

How hard is it to incoporate PHP and AJAX to work together?

This is a .44 Caliber Loveletter straight through my heart.

Tabulas + Threadless + Hire Me!

#83 cmgmyr

cmgmyr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

depending on what you want to do, some of it is really easy, other stuff is more advanced. just like anything else.

check out ajaxfreaks.com and go through some of the tutorials, they are pretty helpful

-Chris

#84 Nameless12

Nameless12
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

Sorry to say but this idea is horrible. The reason is ajax is javascript, you cant learn ajax with out learning javascript and the php side of ajax is done in php. If phpfreaks wants to expand I think it should not focus on ajax but instead javascript. It is impossible to learn how to do ajax with out learning javascript.

#85 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

Why did you feel like bumping a topic that hasn't been replied to for five months to the top? Also, the decision was already made and AjaxFreaks exists (even though I don't think it is very active).

#86 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

The forum portion is here though.

Info: PHP Manual