Re: PLEASE READ: Website Critique Posting Guidelines

Howzit Guys...

I am not a happy chappy...

Been a member for about 3 years I think....

Today I decided to put on the table (Without trying to spam) my hard work and also thanked the phpfreaks community for their help in creating a classified website...

Sorry If I sound spammy... But I really wanted to know what other people think of the site.

I just got a Spam warning message and my forum (One of MANY) message got dumped...

I feel its a bit unfair... And I cannot even reply to the email...  :(

I just looked at the post in question, and the way you had worded it did make it look like purely an advertisement. You never asked for any kind of suggestions, and you specifically mentioned promoting the site. I think any of the staff would have probably done the same thing.

Something tells me it's about your signature, though it could have been the actual post/site itself as I didn't see it.

However, I do recommend using PMs to communicate directly with the mods. Raising questions/complaints about moderation isn't generally something which is suited for public consumption, seeing as we (the public) really doesn't have any business sticking our noses into it. :P

Cool, Sorry again...

Let me try different wording... ;-) Or should I re-post it in the correct category?

I am VERY proud of my websystem... (Might be sometime to much of a bigmouth about it)

Started from scratch and received a HUGE amount of help from the phpfreaks community...

Thansk for all who helped me... :-)

Please have a look at it... Links in my signature... (Not tooooo sure if its spammy...?)

Comments will be SO cool!

Stefan

Stefan,

In general we have some guidelines that have to be interpreted by the mods, and we give people a lot of discretion in making the decision of what goes and what stays.  We take pride in the accomplishments of people like yourself and in general, the way we handle things like this, is that we are fairly liberal in allowing people to place links to sites in their signatures, so long as the people doing so are contributing members of the community.

Every day, we have people who join and post a couple of bogus messages for no other reason than to try and siphon link juice or spam the forum with advertisements.  The forum we have set aside for critiques is really for people who are actively developing their site, and want alpha/beta phase advice on them.  It's not for people who have launched a site, either to advertise or to promote.

So in short, while we celebrate your success, and are proud of your accomplishments as a developer, any promotion is against our ToS and guidelines.  It tends to be that the best way to promote your site here, is to continue to participate and share your expertise back with the community.  Some percentage of people will visit your site via the links in your sig.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.