How exactly is Phpmyadmin used?

Dear readers and PHP forum staff:

Another naiive question:  Is phpmyadmin purely a called up package with which to generate php code and modules?  Or is it also called by php files to transfer data to mysql databases on a webserver? 

Thanks sooo much,

Yshua :-\

Thanks, Pikachu2000:

To my chagrin, by coincidence this was precisely the only blurb I had read up to now on phpmyadmin.  With all due respect, the front page I failed to notice as a URL, mostly gloats on achievements.  But the problem has suddenly become an opportunity, since we literally were/are on the same page!! 

Now my question can be delineated with some common starting point!  So, to clarify, I plan to do zero data entry myself, so all data entry must come from customer's own entries off php menus.  100% menu driven!  So, apart from usage of phpmyadmin generated php coding, I am baffled at an error message, "File does not exist: C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/favicon.ico," where favicon.ico is only located in phpmyadmin-3.4.5-english directory, seemingly.  Am I giving enough info to anyone out there who has an idea what is happening?

Sorry for the lack of clarity,

Yshua

Indeed, phpMyAdmin will not help you with the task you have at hand. It is a database administration application, and can be compared to using Access to modify a database.

What you need to do, is to learn PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS and write the code for your project yourself. Expect to use at least a couple of months, to properly learn the stuff you need and to get a basic framework up and running. If not more.

Also keep in mind that security is alpha and omega, meaning that you have to design the application from the group up with that in mind; Security is a process, not a product, after all. Which means that you'll have to validate all input, escape output using the proper methods, use CSRF protection in you forms, secure logins, hashing passwords (with individual salts) and so forth.

If this sounds too much for you, or this is a commercial project, then I recommend considering hiring someone who knows what they're doing.

Just remember to write a proper, and detailed, requirement specification document first. Something you should do in any case, as it will be of great assistance to anyone who is to write the code. You included.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.