Contact Form Script

ramses1

I am about to customize a wordpress theme.

So far so good but right know I get stuck with

the contact form script. (It?s a real nightmare

being a php noob).

Ok...this is the script: So my dumb question is -

What have I to insert for action="" ?

Where have I to insert my email address?

<div class="iconsidebar"></div>Fill Out The Form Below</p>

<!-- Form Code-->

<div>  <form method="post"  action="########"  >

<input  type="text" name="first name" class="sidebarform1" value='Enter your first name' onFocus=" if (this.value == 'Enter your first name') { this.value = ''; }" onBlur="if (this.value == '') { this.value='Enter your first name';} "  />

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

<input  type="text" name="Phone" class="sidebarform1"  value='Enter your phone number' onFocus=" if (this.value == 'Enter your phone number') { this.value = ''; }" onBlur="if (this.value == '') { this.value='Enter your phone number';} "  />

<input class="sidebarform1"  type="text" name="email" value='Enter your email' onFocus=" if (this.value == 'Enter your email') { this.value = ''; }" onBlur="if (this.value == '') { this.value='Enter your email';} "  />

<div style="clear:both;">

<div style="clear:both;"></div><textarea class="sidebarform2" name="Project details" cols="1" rows="7">Enter your message here...</textarea>

<div style="clear:both; height: 0px;"></div>

<div style="clear:both; height: 0px;"></div>

<div align="right">

<input type="image" value="Submit Your Info" style="color:#000;text-shadow: 0 1px 0 0 #fff;" class="sidebutton" border="0" value="Submit Your Info" />

</div>

</div>

</form>  </div>

<!-- /ENDform -->

<p align="center" style="font-size:10px; font-color:#7c4616;">We promise to NOT share your info with anyone.</p>

In the future, please place code inside

tags.

The form action is the page which the form will send its data to when someone submits it. Usually, this is the page which will process the form. It is possible that the theme already has functionality in place for that.

You would most likely put your email on the page that processes the form, so that it can be emailed out. Again, the theme might already handle this.

Your email address must never be in the form - otherwise someone can hijack your form to send spam to other people, just by sending their email address in place of yours.  The email address will be stored somewhere else (on the page that processes the form, as scootstah says)

I can't help with the action unfortunately as I'm not familiar with Wordpress.  But I would assume you don't need to change it from whatever it was before you started customizing..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.