How do you make an empty div render without nbsp or setting dimensions?

tibberous

First, the DOM will show the div. But, I'm guessing you have only given it a height, which means the div may be 1 million pixels high, but you will never see it if its width is a 0. Trying giving it a width or a min-width.  :D

What are you talking about? Divs are native block elements, which means you NEVER have to set width unless you're overriding it or are using it positioned.  Furthermore, your post further has no relevance to the OP.

@ floridaflatlander:

my apologies for not being clearer (or maybe you are just being clever ;)).

anywho, to be abundantly clear to other readers, i meant "Agreed."  as in i agree with floridaflatlander's statement.  without more information, i would say giving a height, or more precisely, a min-height would be the best start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.