Country specific landing page and redirecting to it based on ips

ameerulislam

What I'm looking for is let say if my visitor is from US the it will go to the default

mywebsite.com

if from UK

mywebsite.com/uk

from Bangladesh

mywebsite.com/bd

and so on. If i don't have specific code for certain countries traffic from those countries will just go to he default page.

I can get the ip address by

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

Now, I want to match it with country specific ip addresses.  By writing if else statement.

But I can't find any library function that contains ip list or something. Can any one advice me here.

And then what?

This isn't 20 questions, you know, and we're not psychics either. Nor are we here to do the research or coding for you, neither are we here to give you all the answers on a silver platter. What we're here to do is to help those who're trying themselves, and give pointers on what to look for.

Also, I think you'll find this article enlightening.

And then what?

This isn't 20 questions, you know, and we're not psychics either. Nor are we here to do the research or coding for you, neither are we here to give you all the answers on a silver platter. What we're here to do is to help those who're trying themselves, and give pointers on what to look for.

Also, I think you'll find this article enlightening.

Wow, hold on!!. I don't need your help. I'm not new in forums. If you think one or 2 words always helps then you are wrong.

I'm not asking u to code for me. I'm going to do it and I have spent a lot of hours as well. I have asked this question in other forums and met a whole let helpful people than you. You didn't really help with the word "Geo-location", I know that already.

It seems you are more interested in bullying noobs. That won't work with me coz I'm not a noob.

No need to reply further. I'm here to get a real answer, not an argument with a bully like you. My time is expensive.

@ameerulislam

ChristianF's point was to bring to your attention the need to allow users to pick their localisation.  Serving the wrong / undesired language can have adverse affects on your site.  And he was also correct in identifying geolocation as the tool you'll be needed. 

If you're so accustomed to forums - and logic forums to boot - you know that you'll need to analyze a reply...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.