Logged Out Issue

Twice today I've been logged out while trying to reply to a thread.

After the first time I changed my password.

It just happened again a moment ago. I remember this being an issue a LONG time ago but this is the first it's happened since I came back, and it's twice in a few hours.

Twice today I've been logged out while trying to reply to a thread.

After the first time I changed my password.

It just happened again a moment ago. I remember this being an issue a LONG time ago but this is the first it's happened since I came back, and it's twice in a few hours.

I was going to suggest clear cookies or w/e, but since you're a Guru you probably know all that stuff, lol.

So I guess we can just blame SMF now, and listen to what the admins here say "SMF Is poorly coded" and be done with it! :D

The previous issue with SMF was that someone else could make login attempts against a username and if the failure count was reached it logged the actual user out. This was fixed in a previous version, but perhaps it is a feature that is back in the current version.

The only errors listed under your ip address/username (the only info I can access) are -

Password incorrect - jesirose ?action=login2 Today at 12:28:45 pm

Your email address needs to be validated before you can login. - jesirose ?action=login2 Today at 09:21:17 am

I presume the times listed are adjusted to my time setting, which is MST.

Perhaps an Admin could check other SMF logs to see if there is anything specific listed for your ip/username that would pin down if this is something on your end or something happening on the forum.

I've only seen it today and I use Chrome at work. If I get time to go on the forum tonight at home I will use Firefox and try for a while to see if it happens. It did not happen when I was using Safari on my iphone this morning but I was only on for a few minutes so not sure.

Okay, since we're on a a SMF Bash meme.

I freaking hate how the private messages are designed, LOL it's so horrible.  You have to click on top, and your messages are sorted by ASC order.. it's just ludicrous

ok /rant

also, I have 2 message titles that are bolded, but only 1 new one? Rofl.....

I guess I cannot wait to move to ipb :D

It doesn't make sense that it would be something wrong with the site, because it seems to only happen with you, and at "random" times. 

What makes more sense is some specific action you are doing, or some specific setting in a browser or other program on your computer.

Maybe you have a certain antivirus/spam/malware program, addon or some browser setting in your browsers, that you have set to clean up browser files/cookies/cache/ ?

*shrug* one is my employers laptop which does have AV, it's not supposed to do anything like that though. The other is my personal computer which has different AV.

It's not happening on any other site. Using two different browsers and computers.

The first two times I was logged out while writing a reply, the others it was just while

Browsing.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.