PHP vs Java

tendouser

Jim Halpert: Question, what kind of bear is best?

Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.

Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.

Dwight Schrute: Well, that's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought.

Jim Halpert: Fact, bears eat beets. Bears, beets, "Battlestar Galactica."

Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on? What are you doing?

Jim Halpert: Last week, I was in a drugstore, and I saw these glasses. Four dollars. And it only cost me $7 to recreate the rest of the ensemble, and that is a grand total of $11.

Dwight Schrute: [back at their desks] You know what? Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. So I thank you.

[Jim takes a bobblehead doll out of his suitcase and sets it on his desk]

Dwight Schrute: Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of families suffer every year!

Jim Halpert: Michael!

Dwight Schrute: Oh, that's funny. Michael!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Halpert: Question, what kind of bear is best?

Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.

Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.

Dwight Schrute: Well, that's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought.

Jim Halpert: Fact, bears eat beets. Bears, beets, "Battlestar Galactica."

Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on? What are you doing?

Jim Halpert: Last week, I was in a drugstore, and I saw these glasses. Four dollars. And it only cost me $7 to recreate the rest of the ensemble, and that is a grand total of $11.

Dwight Schrute: [back at their desks] You know what? Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. So I thank you.

[Jim takes a bobblehead doll out of his suitcase and sets it on his desk]

Dwight Schrute: Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of families suffer every year!

Jim Halpert: Michael!

Dwight Schrute: Oh, that's funny. Michael!

I feel like I'm missing something.

Fawlty Towers

I can watch this show over and over and over and still fall out of my seat laughing.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they only made 12 episodes. I can still watch all of them and laugh at every single one. John Cleese has been great in every role I've ever seen him in, but Fawlty Towers is by far my favorite.

Fawlty Towers

I can watch this show over and over and over and still fall out of my seat laughing.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they only made 12 episodes. I can still watch all of them and laugh at every single one. John Cleese has been great in every role I've ever seen him in, but Fawlty Towers is by far my favorite.

You must not be familiar with Life of Brian, Quest for the Holy Grail, Meaning of Life, and the Flying Circus ;)

umm I think PHP borrows lots of its idea of object oriented programming syntax from Java, and of course it has evolved from them. The concept of trait is not available in Java, the namespace system also works differently from Java's package system. It's really hard to say which one is a more powerful programming language, especially considering one is primarily used for web development while the other is for designing desktop softwares. Would be nice if PHP is as much object-oriented as Java though, but I can see why it's not happening at least yet(compensation for amateur programmers struggling with objects, you bet).

It's really hard to say which one is a more powerful programming language

What do you mean by 'power'?

but I can see why it's not happening at least yet(compensation for amateur programmers struggling with objects, you bet).

Or, maybe that's because there's still a not insignificant number of web projects that don't need to incur the overhead of OOP?  Or, maybe there's a ton of legacy systems out there that are cost prohibitive to rewrite from the ground up?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.