Lenovo experience

Zane

Seeing as it does no good to complain on the Lenovo forums about their customer service, I thought it appropriate to start an anti-Lenovo thread here, where it would possibly rank higher in Google searches and overall give Lenovo worse of a name than it already has.

I made the idiotic mistake of purchasing a Lenovo product while in Mexico.  I had it shipped to my father so that he could ship it to me.  As it turns out from our research, mailing things to and from Mexico is no different than throwing money into a black hole in space.  So I decided I should cancel the purchase before it is shipped.  To my misfortune, my order was shipped not 2 hours before I got ahold of a representative, which took about an hour to get a hold of.

So, I had to wait for the product to be shipped to my father who then shipped it back for me.

Just from the experience I have had with Lenovo, I would like to inform everyone to STAY AWAY from them.  They are thieves and liars.  They will give you numbers to call for support in your local area, but unsurprisingly, no one ever answers.  Even if you call the number every hour on the hour for a week, no one will ever answer.  The people that you can get a hold of have absolutely no English language skills. 

Every time you do actually get a hold of someone, they will either tell you the exact same templated apology or they will transfer you to another black hole phone line.  Even if you asked not to be transferred they will ignore you and do so anyway.  I have been told 4 times that my refund will be processed within 3-5 business days.... all on different days.  It is as if they are only paid to say a few phrases.  They might as well be robots.  A few days later I was told that it would take 5-7 business days.. then on the next day, when I waited an hour for customer support again, I was told it would take 1-2 business days for the quality check and again, 3-5 business days for the refund to be posted.

To put it shortly, every day you call, whether it has been 5 business days, 1 month, or 6 months, they will always answer with the same bullshit response.

By looking through the Lenovo support forums, I realize that I am not the only one to be shafted.  I am curious to read the experiences of the PHPFreaks community with Lenovo.  Has anyone actually had a "good" experience?  I will honestly never buy from this company ever again.

I've purchased a few of their desktops, but they were incredible bargain priced (sub $300) so my expectations were never high. Since they were desktops, I never had to deal with support. They are still running today (or at least I assume since I haven't got a phone call asking to fix them).

I've heard horror stories though. It's very sad they took over the legendary ThinkPad line :/

That's one BIG plus of purchasing with credit cards. You get shafted hard enough, and you just initiate a charge-back. Sure it looks bad on your credit rating, but it gives a nice 'fuck you' to the assholes that made you do it.

That's one BIG plus of purchasing with credit cards. You get shafted hard enough, and you just initiate a charge-back. Sure it looks bad on your credit rating, but it gives a nice 'fuck you' to the assholes that made you do it.

That is absolutely what I did.  Thank you xyph, for the information.  I have still yet to hear anything from Lenovo though, much less about my Disputed Transaction.  I have been waiting to chat with Lenovo for about 30 minutes now.

As it turns out, the best way to get a hold of them is through their forum.  Even still, they claim that their forum is a peer to peer community NOT a support station.  But it seems to be the lesser of all of their evils.

Someone came into my thread and mentioned he has waited for 88 business days for his refund, I relayed to him the same info you gave me and he was thrilled.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Need-my-refund/td-p/856059

Unbelievable! It worked like a charm.  I got my money back instantly.  Then a few hours later, Lenovo decided to actually issue my refund finally.  So now, I have double my refund, of course I'll have to close the dispute and give them back the other half, which I wish I didn't have to do... they deserve not to get it back.

Anyway, thanks for the idea.. My frustration is gone....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.