alternative for cpanel linux

jason213123

• 2 weeks later...

There are several different types of control panels out there, but indeed the best thing to do is get a RAW server with your flavor of linux on it. CentOS is a good variant of RedHat, while others prefer debian, gentoo and such. I've had great success being a RedHat / Fedora / CentOS user and I prefer CentOS for it's simplicity.

cPanel on the other hand is awesome if you have access to it with your hosting. Honestly, despite it's bloatedness (which you can turn off a lot of garabage if you're the only one using the server and don't need a lot of client features such as webalizer, exim mail stats, backups and etc.). We can hook you up with a VPS / Server at http://ServerPowered.com with anything you need. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.