Something Of Interest ...

krakjoe

You are hinting that you would like us to take a look at your project, you are aware you can link to your projects within your signature right?

Why don't you put a link in your signature then start contributing to our community by asking / answering questions. This will in turn get your signature viewed.

Be aware that if you simply signed up to get your project linked to, we don't appreciate project pimping.

I am aware of that, I would love to help out, I used to spend a lot of time helping people out on forums such as this, but I simply don't have the time ... I more just wanted to get opinions and suggestions on such a feature as the response from the php developers community is, lets say, mixed. But that's a different bunch to the users, and this seems to be the place to find users ...

I don't want to break any rules and don't intend to "pimp" anything, so if you could delete my account, I guess people will hear about it in time ...

I more just wanted to get opinions and suggestions on such a feature as the response from the php developers community is, lets say, mixed. But that's a different bunch to the users, and this seems to be the place to find users ...

It would help considerably if you actually provided a link to your project in your post, as well as perhaps details. People are not going to clicking around your profile to find the URL to your page. Instead they are going to do like I did the first time I viewed your post. "That's cool, wonder what it is he's doing. Maybe he'll post details later. *close tab*"

Like I said I didn't want to sign up and just start posting links, it's spammy isn't it ... then I saw another guy getting ticked off when I came back to write up an article so hesitated ...

More than anything I was hoping to get a discussion about the subject going, I'm not really looking for people to look at the project as installing it right now will be server admins job as it's not on pecl yet, and I've only just got shared build working today.

If someone could let me know if that's okay, to post up an article explaining the project, with a link, and ask a few questions for people to respond to in their responses, if they'd like to respond. If not it's no bother, I'm sure I'll get these opinions and your users will hear about it eventually anyway ...

Sorry to cause such a fuss ...

You might want to post about it in the "beta test my stuff" section then, if you want to have people test it and perhaps have a discussion going on about it. Either that, or you could start a thread in "Application design" (I think) and have a discussion on a general basis.

It's one thing to come in and ask for thoughts and comments on something you've made, and another to come in and say "hey guys, use this: <link>." ;)

How is this different from Gearman?

If someone could let me know if that's okay, to post up an article explaining the project, with a link, and ask a few questions for people to respond to in their responses

Just do it, you asked now twice without any response. You'll figure out soon enough wether it was ok.

Edited by ignace

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.