Help With Birthday Dates

Alechko

Hello folks,

I have a little problem with dates.

I have stored in my SQL table a 'date' type column as `birthday`.

Something like that: (YYYY-MM-DD)

2010-05-10

2008-08-14

2002-03-04

2001-04-19

Now I'm trying to show the birthdays that will occur more 3 days/this week/this month.

I know how to display the specific date by:

$month = '10';
$day = '22';
$sql = $db->Query("SELECT `id` FROM `users` WHERE DATE_FORMAT(`birthday`,'%m') = '{$month}' AND DATE_FORMAT(`birthday`,'%d') = '{$day}'") or die(mysql_error());

I am aware of the function strtotime. But I need to show all the birthdays that will occur more 3 days including the tomorrow and the day after tomorrow dates.. and I'm a little bit get complex with it.

Thanks for the help,

appriciate it.

Edited by Alechko

The phrase "occur more 3 days" doesn't make any sense.

Whatever you're trying to do, you'll probably use BETWEEN and/or DATE_SUB() or DATE_ADD()

So you want to retrieve all users whose birthday is within 3 days? Or within 3 weeks? Or months?

Or retrieve all users that together equal at least 3 and have their birthday this month? Or this week?

Kinda confused here.

Sorry for the English mistakes, I ment within.. For example:

A - 27/09/1980

B - 28/09/1981

C - 29/09/1981

D - 30/09/1981

E - 03/10/1990

Today is the 26th of September. I want to display the users who have a birthday in the next three days. So It will display me: A, B, C.

For the whole month it display me all septembers birthday. For the next week it will show me all the letters.

Thanks Baranad,

The within next 3 days query dosen't worked for me. It didn't show anything. I think I know why, Because I need to compare only the months and days and not the years.

Something like that:

WHERE `birthdate` BETWEEN [ DAY AND MONTH(`birthday`) ] AND [DAY AND MONTH(`birthday`) ] + INTERVAL 3 DAY

I don't know what is the exactly commands for that...

thanks for help!!

p.s

The 'this month' query worked fine for me.

SELECT id FROM `users` WHERE MONTH(`birthday`) = MONTH(CURDATE())

Unfortunately, these solutions won't work because my girlfriend's birthday is TODAY, but her birthdate is not within 3 days of today, it was 20 years ago. You need to combine the date_format functions and the str_to_date function to change their birthdates from the year of their birth to this year, something like:

WHERE STR_TO_DATE(CONCAT_WS('-', DATE_FORMAT(NOW(), '%Y'), DATE_FORMAT(birthdate, '%M'), DATE_FORMAT(birthdate, '%D')) BETWEEN DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 3 DAY)

Might not be correct, it's been a while since I actually wrote a query, but you get the idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.