Elemental - The Molecule Maker (Again)

spiderwell

I did put this site up for feedback a while ago now, so long it seemed better to starting a new thread, as its progressed a lot since then.

Elemental is a game/procrastination tool where you drag/click elements from the Periodic Table into the 'compounder' and see what you can make.

It was originally born as a jquery showcase, but has evolved awat from that somewhat, since handling quizzes in client side left them vulnerable (you could see the answers using developer tools to see ajax json arrays!!!), so its all been pulled server side. Now its just becoming its own little thing, I do not know what yet!

I have added a fun element where you try and make up words (like BaCoN - Barium Colbolt Nitrogen) also quizzes are finished now, there are leaderboards and achivements (requires registration, feel free to sign up, I won't spam you or hand out emails). Science mode is still limited to my own table of molecules, but there are too many so API to a public resource is the plan. The fun mode words table were generated by a script, and as of such many are unverified, but theres about a dozen I manually added, theres a couple of big cats i added.....

Anyway I am looking for feedback on looks and feel, how does it navigate through a quiz, and other modes, could there be improvements to the UI. Also any ideas of things to do that I havent yet (Daily Word is going to be a bit like Fun mode in reverse, instead of finding a word, you are given it and have a time limit to make it).

Also let me know if you break it, I need to make sure its robbust too.

Thanks for your time and hope you enjoy it

www.ethickink.co.uk/elemental

I think it'd be nice if to remove an element you could just drag it out of the bar. The little red x is not very noticeable, I didn't see it at first. Also since you drag them in to add them, it would make sense (to me) that you drag them out to remove them.

I think it'd be nice if to remove an element you could just drag it out of the bar. The little red x is not very noticeable, I didn't see it at first. Also since you drag them in to add them, it would make sense (to me) that you drag them out to remove them.

Yes, this is what I was saying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.