Automatically Setup Domain With Server

When I add a client's domain to my server, first they change the nameservers on their domain, and then(24-48 hours later) I add their domain to my server. With that in mind....

I'm coding a site where someone will buy a domain, change the nameservers, and I need that domain to automatically be recognized on my server, somehow through php, mysql, htaccess, or another method. But I need it to be automatic. How would I do this?

But how is it made automatic? When I add a domain to my server, I go to the 'add domain' area in cpanel and then transfer a copy of all the website files(and setup the database) to the new folder that was created for that domain. Can you guide me to how to automate a cpanel action?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody guide me in the right direction? Even something like some terms to search in google, I've attempted combinations of automatic, automated, cpanel, dns, domain, add domain, etc and I can't find anything close to what I'm looking for.

I've never worked with wordpress, but I believe they have a feature like that where you can opt to change your domain to their nameservers and then your wordpress site can show up under your domain, but how is it done?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.