Listing Product Categories From Wp E-Commerce – Php String

andersedvardsen

Hello,

I am making an eCommerce-solution at this URL: http://skaugsport.effektivhjemmeside.no

I am using Wordpress 3.4.2, the "Elegant Themes"-theme Boutique 2.5. and the shopping cart plugin from http://www.getshopped.com, WP e-Commerce 3.8.8.5.

Here is my problem:

The store has about 110 product categories if you add up all the main and sub categories. When i am using the menu-option in Wordpress admin-panel i am not able to save my menu when it exceeds about 60 menu items. The saving process fails, and mye menu is set back to how i looked last time i was able to save. I have narrowed it down to beeing about 58–64 menu items that is the limit.

I haved talked to my ISP about solving this problem by setting a longer allowed save time before the servers cancel the action (this is a field i know nothing about, but i googled up this as a probable solution). The answer was that this could not be done/allowed due to safty issues. The tip they gave me thoug was to hardcode a PHP-code that wrote out all my product categories directly for me and not use the Wordpress menu system.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out, as i do not know how to code this in PHP. I need the PHP-code that outputs mye product categories and subcategories with names and URLs so that i can make a menu of them, and style it using CSS.

The product categories are not the "same" as the Wordpress default post categories. The product categories are an addition you get by using the WP e-Commerce plugin, so the code would need to target thoose categories, not Wordpress default.

Anyone able to help me out?

Anders

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.