My "advanced Web Design Class!" Jokes!

computermax2328

Still! It is the idea!

My fourth grade teacher made us write everything in cursive. When I write I combine regular handwriting with cursive. Maybe just because I spent my whole fourth grade year writing in cursive I might have a stronger connection to it.

I do agree with you on the math part though. Essential to living. I use to be terrible at math, but I was a cashier for about three years and that helped em out a little more. I think that the problem is that we are not spending enough time on the fundamentals of learning a topic. Just for a comparison I hit a hurdle in my PHP coding the other day and I realized maybe I need to go back to the basics.

That is kind of what I did with math and it worked out, so why not??

Who actually writes in cursive anymore? The only cursive I use is for my signature, and that's largely chicken scratch. I haven't written anything other than that in cursive for 15-20 years (disclaimer: I'm an old fart).

All this talk about education makes me miss my highschool math teacher. By a certain amount of luck I had the same teacher for all four years. He presented the material in a GoF-esque manner, where each new topic was described in terms of the kind of problem it was meant to solve, the basic formula/process, basic examples, and a few tricky outliers. Even nearly 20 years later, I stand by the assertion that someone should clone him and place him in every highschool in America. Guy knew how to teach, and expected a certain amount of respect/professionalism out of his students.

So, here's to you, Mr. Daigle. :thumb-up:

I am in the class right now. If you want to check out my latest work you can. Really simple html and css. We can't use PHP on the servers, they don't allow it. Put it together in about 4hrs total. Information is bogus.

mywebspace!

Yes.... I go to Quinnipiac

Edited by computermax2328

Ran your page through W3C's validators, and got these results:

HTML validator:

Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!

Result: 7 Errors, 4 warning(s)

CSS validator

Unfortunately the HTML validator couldn't access the site directly, as it only timed out for some reason. I submitted the content via Opera directly instead, which gave me the results above. The HTML errors were basically invalid </br> tag (no slash in them, line 22), and the anchor tags outside of the <li> tags in the list (lines 48-51). Seemed to be one erroneous <script> tag as well, on line 58.

The validator probably couldn't access the site directly because it is on a school web server. That would be my guess. They are very secure and I feel like they lack the programming to allow the validator to validate.

Again, I built the website in 4hrs and I won't be working on it anymore. It will probably get me an A considering I am one of the only people that free handed the code or didn't use a Dreamweaver template or use massive jpegs with a spry bar and call it a website.

There is another website that I started for the class, a personal site, that I am going to continue.

Just thought I would continue the conversation, show you what we are working on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.