Fetch Random Images From Database

varun7952

i m tryin to fetch random images from database on external page it fetch id user id name but not image and i only want to fetch images(thumb) please guys help me

here is my code

<?php

$connect= mysql_connect('localhost','root',' ');
if($connect) {
mysql_select_db ('wall_paper',$connect);

$query= ("SELECT * FROM wallpapers ORDER BY Rand() LIMIT 5");
$result= mysql_query($query);

echo "<table border='1'>";
while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)){
echo "<tr><td>$row[0] </td><td>$row[1]</td><td>$row[2]</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";
}
else{
echo "cant connet to the database";
}
?>

i attached image of my database from where i m fetching data

post-126383-0-38724500-1349942434_thumb.jpg

Where is the image being stored? On a file? How do you know the path / location to the image?

That code you have there, even the database image, does not hint to any such information. We will need to know that to assist you.

Actually, hashing the image's data and then renaming the file is a pretty good idea; No filename collisions, and you can test quite easily if you have the picture already (or not). Of course, it's pointless unless you rename the file.

Hashes are not guaranteed to be unique, so there is still the potential for a name collision. And since there may be collisions with different data, you cannot be sure that a duplicate hash means you have received a duplicate image. All in all, hashing the image data and using it as the filename is not such a good idea. Also, consider that a user may add (or remove) tag data to (or from) an image, and it would produce a different hash even though the visual image is the same.

Hashes are designed to "prove" that the data has been changed. You could store the hash of a (image) file in the database; then, before displaying the image, run a hash on the file and compare the two hashes. If they are different, then someone changed the file; if they are the same, then the file has probably not been changed. Since hashes are not guaranteed to be unique, it is conceivable that the file could be changed in such a way as to cause the hash to be the same. Using a salt helps prevent someone from purposefully making such a change; since without the salt they don't know what hash value they are working toward. And the odds of it happening accidentally are very slim.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.