How Do You Float Around An Object(S)

ThunderAI

I am using tables to do a layout of a page and I'd like the tables to float around the other tables but the float: command does not quite do what I am looking for. It creates gaps between the tables the size of surrounding tables and does not fill in the gaps like I think it should. what is the process for making tables or a div float around other div and fill in spaces?

like presume you have the following

[][][][][][] | [][][][][][][][][]

| [][][][][][][][][]

| [][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][] | [][][][][][]

How do I force the bottom two tables to be besides the larger one and below the top left one?

Edited by ThunderAI

I am using tables to do a layout of a page...

I think that is your problem Tables are for tabular data, plain and simple. If the data is tabular in nature, then a table is appropriate. Using tables to create layout is not the way to go -- that is the realm of css.

There are sites like this one that show you how to do just about every variation possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.