Hide Text

madness69

hello there, i looked in a tutorial of a functionality in javsscript, if you take a look at the link above youll see:

http://interestingwebs.blogspot.pt/2011/05/hide-or-show-div-element.html

In this link "SHOW/HIDE"

When i click it shows the text above, but i liked to when i click the link the "SHOW/HIDE" text disappear, how can i do it?

Best regards

Example: http://xaotique.no-ip.org/tmp/8

If you want it to show without Javascript enabled as well, you would hide them with JS. So, I used fieldsets and set the default legend, but changed it to a toggle button with JS to hide/show the div inside.

<fieldset class="spoiler">
   <legend>Spoiler</legend>
   <div>
       The text is showing!
   </div>
</fieldset>

<fieldset class="spoiler">
   <legend>Spoiler</legend>
   <div>
       This is another one!
   </div>
</fieldset>

$(document).ready(function()
{
   $(".spoiler").each(function()
   {
       var toggle = $(document.createElement("a"))
           .attr("href", "#")
           .html("Show / Hide")
           .css({ "text-decoration": "none", color: "#000077", "font-size": "12px" });

$(this).find("legend").html(toggle);
       $(this).find("div:first").hide();
       $(this).css("display", "inline");
   });

$(".spoiler legend a").click(function(e)
   {
       e.preventDefault();

$(this).parent().parent().find("div:first").fadeToggle(500);

return false;
   });
});

Just hide the legend then. It will then become a box. If that's the case, you may want to just replace the whole thing, but I don't know what you're really doing.

In my example, you would just add $(this).parent().hide(); to the click function.

The example has been updated with this.

Just hide the legend then. It will then become a box. If that's the case, you may want to just replace the whole thing, but I don't know what you're really doing.

In my example, you would just add $(this).parent().hide(); to the click function.

The example has been updated with this.

Where do i add exactlly the add $(this).parent().hide(); to the click function in your example? Sorry for the noob question, i new in javascript.

The click function is triggered when you click the link. It's located at the fieldset > legend > a tag

When you click that, you're wanting to hide the legend, so you have to go up one level to the parent and hide. The a tag's parent is the legend tag, so you want to use the hide function on that.

The click function should be obvious. .click(function() { /* this is inside the triggered function */ });

Edited by Kira

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.