Algoryhtmic Updates On Internet Websites On The Internet

ferrari

My location is outside of the United States, the government has not provided much information on this.

The creation date of the content are algorythmically updated on the internet websites.

I am wondering if you have information on this? Or if you can direct me further?

Further Addition - (perhaps, somewhat related)

Questions about "algorhytmic updates" have been asked before a while ago, where I did not get the gist, why there is a need for this?

It happens with forums as well, older threads are on the front page, with old postings, and even old topics - simply the creation date is updated. The actual recent is there in the mix as well.

Did that clarify?

I assume it may be here for me like that with the internet organization off here. And you over there in the US may not have that?

With magazine sites it happens as well, with the local and the outer. I do think that it f*cks up the business, but that is also how they do. Still never give a damn about the internet.

Edited by ferrari

Oh crap did I get stuck on the American Internet again? How do I get off, I want the New Zealand Internet so I can read it in a sexy kiwi accent.

Are you addressing such "reformulation of text" on the internet?

If yes, by who was this done, and why in the first place?

My location is outside of the United States, the government has not provided much information on this.

Are you taken hostage? Do you need help? Do you see any landmarks nearby that could help S&R teams?

The creation date of the content are algorythmically updated on the internet websites.

I am wondering if you have information on this? Or if you can direct me further?

I understand the need for this when you are taken hostage. Time must not feel the same when you haven't seen a clock in a long time. Today is October 28, 2012. Nothing fabricated there. 

I think you're referring to the Internet Garbage Collection (IGC) algorithm run by the various countries governments to periodically free up space on their countries Internet to make room for new pages. Countries like the US have lots of Internet and tune their algorithm differently than a small country like New Zealand, which has less room for Internets.

For websites that retain old content, you need to apply for an IGC Meta tag to each of the country's governments that you want to retain the information. If your content is accepted for retention, you then add that key to an "igc:nodelete" header in your server response, this way you are ensured old content is retained for that country's Internets.

Edited by xylex

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.