Zend Certification

Andy-H

Hi, I recently attended the PHPNW conference in Manchester, which was great =]

In the post-conference email, I received a voucher code for 50% off the ZCE exam voucher, and my employer offered to pay for it, result! =D

Now that the voucher is paid for, I have been looking for relevant study material to prepare for the exam, but it is scarce.

I was just wondering if anyone has done the ZCE, and any decent advice or reading material for preparation would be much appreciated.

I have found a few practice tests and read the free 5.3 study guide from zend.com, which aside from making me realise I need to RTFM (well, a few sections) a few times, wasn't a great deal of help.

Also, does anyone know the pass rate? Zend seem to actively avoid disclosing this, which makes no sense at all to me, but these things happen.

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK Zend only offer the practice exams if you purchase their ZCE training?

That test is REALLY easy, also, this is quoted from the page, although I know this isn't relevant to the questions asked on there:

"This test was created based on php 4.0.5, and is updated for php 4.2.2."

Thanks for the reply

Edited by Andy-H

Then answer this question:

What is the output of both programs? (no cheating by executing them)

// no longer works in php >= 5.4 but a good exercise never the less (bonus: tell why this does not work in PHP >= 5.4)
foreach (range(1,5) as $key) {
  if ($key === 2)
    continue
  print $key;
}

$var = 10;
while ($var --> 1);
  echo $var;

These are typical ZCE questions.

Edited by ignace

First one prints 1345, I don't know why it doesn't work in PHP 5.4? Looking again, I assume it's because of the missing semicolon?

The second one, I think will output 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ?

// eidt

Or is the second a trick question, and throws an error like invalid object operator?

Edited by Andy-H

• 3 months later...

First one prints 1345

Second one outputs 1 =P

No and no. First one prints 2 it actually reads "continue print 2;" so only when it continues it actually prints something in 5.4 this no longer works because continue no longer supports a return value from a function (which is 1 with print, so it never worked with echo for example).

The second one prints 0 since the last value is 1 followed by --.

Edited by ignace

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.