Searching A Text File And Filtering What Is Shown? Help

codingbenn

So basically I have a HUGE text file;

download here

or

the code is like this;

FirstName: Wayne, LastName: Brown, CommonName:None, Height: 185, DateOfBirth: Year: 1977, Month: 1, Day: 14, PreferredFoot: Right, ClubId: 1951, LeagueId: 61, NationId: 14, Rating: 54, Attribute1: 56, Attribute2: 53, Attribute3: 47, Attribute4: 61, Attribute5: 36, Attribute6: 49, Rare: 0, ItemType: PlayerGk

but this is repeated like 11,480 times(to be exact) but with different information e.g names ect.

I have the search working ATM like this;

<?php
$search = 'Wayne';
$lines = file('cleanedfutplayers.txt');
$found = false;
foreach($lines as $line)
{
if(strpos($line, $search) !== false)
{
$found = true;
echo $line;
}
}
if(!$found)
{
echo "<i>No match found";
}
?>

And atm I get a return of this;

48f141b3996a7c47aa880b3ce83911b1.png

BUT i want to filter it out. I want it to just take the values such as getting the value of first name would just get Wayne and the same for the rest of the fields.

and i also need some

<br>

's in there and some spacing. So how would I go about filtering this? Also how would I add a search box and a button that would give and set the value of the;

$search = '';

so for example i THINK the code will be something like this;

echo "First Name: ", ['FirstName'];

but it isnt because ive tested and it doesnt work?

so PLEASE help me!

SQL stands for - Structured Query Language. One of the reasons it has been suggested that you use a database for this is because writing a database SQL query statement to do what you want, search (filter) for specific information becomes trivial -

$query = "SELECT a, list, of, columns FROM your_table WHERE FirstName = '$search'";

Let a database engine do the work for you, rather than you re-inventing the wheel writing your own code to search in your text data. Also, the compiled code of a database engine will be at least 10x faster at finding the data than your parsed, tokenized, interpreted, relatively slow php code will be at finding the data.

SQL stands for - Structured Query Language. One of the reasons it has been suggested that you use a database for this is because writing a database SQL query statement to do what you want, search (filter) for specific information becomes trivial -

$query = "SELECT a, list, of, columns FROM your_table WHERE FirstName = '$search'";

Let a database engine do the work for you, rather than you re-inventing the wheel writing your own code to search in your text data. Also, the compiled code of a database engine will be at least 10x faster at finding the data than your parsed, tokenized, interpreted, relatively slow php code will be at finding the data.

But how do I put all this data into a database?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.