Starting With The Binary System - Operating System Creation

ferrari

The intentions with this question are to get a more concise perspective on the process of operating system creation when starting with the binary system.

One could create a base system which would take over the tasks of the BIOS system including "booting".

And from there the attempt for the operating system creation can be done.

Whereas, this process does require to have the set of tools for the programming procedure.

To get started - the character set - is in focus or "perhaps" to be focused on.

Furthermore the set of actions have to be - united with system - and user interface. Where the start can make the computer seem like a simple writing machine with display. The writing of text with the editing and saving of, may be approached soon - (by this topic, in the sense of alphanumeric).

To sum it up and formulate it differently, it does start by compressing the code into a file, with its corresponding file type - also, opening, saving, and editing the file, or perhaps the program, or, also the content created in the program. And furthermore animating the program or, also its content which may have gotten created in the program.

The Question

At this moment it comes to the question, how actions are defined? Which means, how is the attempt done to have the actions defined?

As a notice, the question can be answered by started with a blank computer - whereas the hardware does provide possibilities and the capabilities.

What the..? Are you just thinking aloud or something? These are such vague and odd questions. I'm not sure if there's some kind of language barrier here, but from my point of view at least, you just seem to be creating nonsensical threads based on articles you've read in the last hour or something.

... Not that there's anything actually wrong with trying to spark up conversation about something you've read about, but just ask a proper question. What kind of reply do you expect to this?

Edited by Adam

The cold west area on board again with the attempt to harsh criticism, and down play with target on the intelligence. And the US region, as well on board with the slogans.

A constellation I often notice.

Edited by ferrari

Though, I do notice I have written the question with the thought of no operating system around already and having to create everything from scratch, even the base and the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) if you want so.

EDIT: I cannot add this to the first post anymore.

EDIT 2: The topic is hard to write on, I will go through it one more time.

Edited by ferrari

Look pal I'm not trying to be some nazi western guy pointing out your mistakes, I'm just trying to explain that your threads don't make sense. They read like random thoughts popping into your head. It probably is just a language barrier.

[...] you just seem to be creating nonsensical threads based on articles you've read in the last hour or something.

You assumed I read this in an article. The title may have lead you to this. You can consider this as a starting from scratch, basically starting the decision making with the binary system.

Where I do not account the "writing machine" analogy to your assumption, because if all is stripped of, you are left with that, a writing machine.

The topic is difficult to write on, the writing, yet has to work with the people. I am looking to go through it one more time.

Given the variety of your posts (e.g. this, this and this) it does suggest you've been off reading and posting your random thoughts on the matter. Jumping from post-redirects to writing an OS reinforces that. However I may be wrong, which is why I asked the question:

What kind of reply do you expect to this?

I don't think anyone really knows what kind of reply you're looking for. Take that as criticism or take it as someone trying to tell you, that you're asking the wrong kind of question. It's up to you.

The problem you are having is that your posts are just rants. Most of which make little sense.

Have you tried finding a board that speaks your native tongue? And maybe a forum where your posts might even be on subject with the rest of the forum.

Here, you just sound like a mad man.

So this was to be the question:

Considered that one attempts to start creating from scratch, without having the first attempt written in Windows, how would one start? With which tools are the first `actions` and `functions` defined? Till it takes forms and one can write text, save and edit it.

How is for example the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) created?

Given the variety of your posts (e.g. this, this and this) it does suggest you've been off reading and posting your random thoughts on the matter. Jumping from post-redirects to writing an OS reinforces that. However I may be wrong, which is why I asked the question:

What kind of reply do you expect to this?

I don't think anyone really knows what kind of reply you're looking for. Take that as criticism or take it as someone trying to tell you, that you're asking the wrong kind of question. It's up to you.

You make it seem like there is a place for that one, nevertheless I do agree, the questions, do not suite this place here. And after all the miscellaneous area here is still preferred on my side, compared to the other options, which are not much. This question does also not belong, yet there also not many options.

Whereas this thread derailed, though the topic is hard to write on. I narrowed to the question I stated above.

Furthermore, I do think it through on my own as well. till to the solution, but I also write out of boredom, so the "rant" description is agreed on too.

In regards, to those threads you mentioned, it are thoughts which do come together later on.

The idea that they make "little sense most of" is incorrect.

EDIT:

In this thread I could have brought it immediately to the question. I was mentioning too much.

It is basically about the first attempt to write software (the operating system) when it is not written in Windows.

Edited by ferrari

Windows is an awful OS to base your ideas on. The whole registry idea is just ridiculous. I'm sure many will disagree (though hopefully not too many on a predominately Linux based programming language forum) but look to Linux for inspiration. You can even download the source of various distros on-line.

As for how to develop an OS, that's not the kind of thing to discuss on a forum, you need to read books. Good starting advice would be to learn a low-level language like C first though, and go from there.

Troll say you. Bot say I. Either neither both. Artificial experiment lacking senses, coherence pointfulness. Complete idiots, you must think that we are. Our friendliness and tolerance should be confused with weakness not.

Crush you if you continue to play these silly games, we will. With pranking some other community seek the path of enlightenment that comes, or better yet, of a life if you must get some semblance.

Stop over reacting man. The thread derailed because of mentioning too much and not bringing it immediately to the question. Yet, you may be addressing that I am stretching it off the scope of this forum, where I did agree with it.

Describing it as "little sense making" is simply, incorrect.

Edited by ferrari

Describing it as "little sense making" is simply, incorrect.

BS. Read your threads. They make little sense. Is English your native language? If not, I suggest you find a board that speaks your native language. If it is your native language, I'm calling troll. Keep up this line of posting and I will ban you for that very reason.

As I did state, there has been not many places to post this. The threads do stretch the scope of this forum. "Little sense making"? Not, at all.

I may have disturbed your harmony by stretching the scope. Since you often say "troll".

Good then, I am off, you are for yourselves, and can continue socializing with the "like button".

Taking this thread as an example - click here - to complete this conversion a bit. Since you also address the English.

When the sentence is written:

The aim is to have those fonts which are always supported - by this.

Then the "by this" does describe the written - the statements and conditions done - in that thread before this quoted sentence.

The intention is to write systematic.

Besides that you also seem to perceive the support of fonts across major operating system as well as off the scope. Where the "font-family" does not account - to this - as well anymore.

Edited by ferrari

ferrari: You are not writing correct English, as you're not using English grammar. In some cases you're not even using the proper words to describe your intent.

It is as if you're using Google translate to translate from your language, which has a substantially different syntax and semantic meaning for a lot of the words. Kinda like translating from Russian to English, or the other way. Try taking a properly written English text, and translate into your language, and you should see what we're talking about.

As a Notice

Merriam-Webster may have the word "intent" defined, though I suspect the word.

By the rules of English, a word has to be pronounceable.

To Answer Your Post

I have been messing up this topic with my writings, because of troubles of formulating it (it = the topic). The other writings have been a few sentences, where I do not think it can be that misleading (the writings).

I do aim for a systematic and tight formulation. Where the thought is intended to be extended with the following paragraph. Where the thoughts are also separated into paragraphs. Which means the thought starts in one paragraph and does get extended with the next paragraph. In this scenario for example stating "next" instead of "following" as I did, can be more concise. Those are ideas I do figure out and aim to keep remembered. Where the previous sentence could be also extended with "... aim to keep them remembered".

Addressing the Topic of this Thread

This topic, here in this thread, is something I brought till to the following:

The first "thing" which is done, to have the "functions", so that it takes forms into a BIOS system. Where this question does direct towards the electrical engineering field. The question also does target a scenario, where it is not done in Windows. (At this point, I am purposely not saying "an OS already around" or "an alternative OS" or something similar, because it does not convey as well. Which means "the example scenario" does not become translated as concise.

By the Way

I have written this post out a bit, with reformulations, to see it for myself.

Edited by ferrari

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.