Please Help Test City / State Locator

flynismo

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make my signup page as user friendly as possible (ie: as little typing as possible)

Part of signing up is entering your city / state / zip. Instead of making the visitor typing all that information, I figured it would be much nicer for them to just type in a zip, and choose their city from the drop down menu.

On the back end, I am relying on maxmind's geoip data that I have stored in a database, and am trying to make sure that it is reasonably accurate.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can visit the signup page:

https://fling-finder.com/site/signup

and enter your zip code, then let me know if your city appears (or at least a city within 5 miles of you).

Thank you so much!

I would either put a little button they can click to report that their city was not found, or create a report you run that selects all users who's zip/city/state doesn't match what you have. Then you can correct or adjust your information over time.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.