Call Js Function Form Php

reyes99

Hello all,

I have this javascript that I am calling when I push a button. I want to load the popup programatically not by a button event.

in popup.js I have the following function that loads the popup.

//LOADING POPUP
//Click the button event!
$("#button").click(function(){
//centering with css
centerPopup();
//load popup
loadPopup();
});

My question is how do I load the popup from a php script by assigning a variable. for example

<?php
if ($loadpup = 'yes') {
load the popup ( what command can I use that will activate the popup??)
}
?>

Thanks in advance

Either use $_GET or $_POST, then with jQuery (or you can use $.ajax) but with jquery it's $.load() or $.post()

Check that a post or get var isset() or you can use the same var with multiple values. Up to you.

If you were talking about triggering a JS function inside of PHP, then you're going at it backwards. JS is client-sided after the site content has been downloaded to the browser. It doesn't interact with the server any more than posting or getting a page from the same domain.

Hmm, what? All three of those are jQuery. In-fact, the last two are short-cuts for jQuery.ajax.

You can alternatively just include ajax though, can't you? Pretty sure it's what I used to do before I actually started using jQuery much.

Eh, maybe I just remember it as part of the URL. Idk it was too long ago. When I finally started using jQuery I never went back to using $.ajax so sorry if I was mistaken there.

Edited by Xaotique

You can alternatively just include ajax though, can't you? Pretty sure it's what I used to do before I actually started using jQuery much.

As far as I'm aware, you can't create custom builds of the core. Only the UI extension allows you to do that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.