connecting to database using php

jamest

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble connecting to postgreSQL using PHP.

I'm using postgreSQL 7.4, php 5 and apache HTTP server 2.2.3 on RHEL 4. So far I've managed to get PHP to work with apache but cannot get PHP working with postgreSQL. When I configured PHP I used the option --with-pgsql=shared, and the php.ini file has extension=pgsql.so enabled and the extension_dir set appropriately.

When I set up postgreSQL, I did not use the -i option, but I have changed the postgresql.conf file to enable tcpip_socket connections. Ive also modified the pg_hba.conf file to accept local connections and a number of host connections.

When I run postgreSQL by itself I'm able to access the database and run queries, but if I try from a PHP script I have no luck. The php code is being recognised but it fails when I call pg_connect.

Any help would be great

Thanks

James

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.