Phpmyadmit Refuses To Work

drunkelf

I followed all of the instructions and it still does not work.Here is the instructions

here is my error

cannot load mysql extension;

please check PHP configuration

<snip mod: removed hundreds of lines of copy/pasted phpmyadmin instructions and phpmyadmin config file>

Edited by PFMaBiSmAd

I followed all of the instructions and it still does not work.Here is the instructions

here is my error

cannot load mysql extension;

please check PHP configuration

You need to enable php's mysql extension in your php configuration (php.ini)

How you do this depends on how you obtained and installed php. ?

If mysql doesn't appear in the phpinfo output, it's not enabled.

The Loaded Configuration File line in the phpinfo output is the php.ini that php is using. Make sure that's the one you are changing.

If you are changing the correct php.ini how did you obtain and install php, as the determines how you enable php extensions or if you need to make further changes to the php.ini to get php to be able to find the extension .dll files?

if your uncommenting dll's then i can presume you are using a windows machine. Why not try a couple of alternative server stacks that have everything in place for you. Zend server community edition comes with phpmyadmin pre configured for you, and WAMP is alos a good server to use.

yes that I am sure off.I will go through all the "adjustments" I made to php.ini when I first "installed" it otherwise I will use another pc.I am thinking instead of installing php 5 because that is the one used it my book I will install the latest and instead of installing phpmyadmin 2.6.4.p1 I will install the latest I am also going to use a windows installer instead of copying files like david powers told me too.

Hopefully I can follow the book using diffrint versions of these programs

it works baby!sadly my book by david powers uses difrrint versions of these programs but he did say to install the latest versions availible so I am sure that I will be able to make sense of it.This wamp server thingy is so cool so easy.You can close the thead now

• 9 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.