Android Only Css

MargateSteve

I have inherited a site which was designed only using 1 browser (I think) as a testing platform. As a result, the site looked completely different in a browsers and there were a lot of issues with elements appearing incorrectly and often covering other elements.

Until I find the time to completely redesign it I have implemented a dirty fix in the form of a conditional statement based on browser detection. This has worked everywhere except on Android devices including Opera mini.

Is there a way to detect it is an Android device and implement CSS based on that?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the layout is working fine on iPhones both through Safari and Google do am not looking to use any media screen conditions at this time. This is the way I will go eventually but currently it is just

Android devices I need to accomodate.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by MargateSteve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.