Adding Select Column To Table To Select Multiple Elements

Hello,

I currently have a table that displays a list of elements from a shop. The information comes from a postgreSQL database and is then shown on index.php using a table.

The problem I have is I need to add a checkbox to the end of each row so when I select multiple items I can add them to basket.

I have the 'select' column set up but no checkboxes as of yet. I need to first implement the checkboxes and then from there I can get and post the selected items into the basket.php page.

Any help would be massively appreciated. This is probably something simple im just overseeing.

Would rather you also explain than try and give a straight up answer as I am more likely to learn that way.

Thank you :)

Use a checkbox array... and add the database id as it's value.

<input type='checkbox' name='ids[]' value='1'>

//check $_POST ids
if(isset($_POST['ids']))
{
//loop through them
foreach($_POST['ids'] as $id)
{
  //$id is the id of the row selected. This is where you do whatever it is you want to record them for your basket
}
}

Edited by akphidelt2007

Use a checkbox array... and add the database id as it's value.

<input type='checkbox' name='ids[]' value='1'>

//check $_POST ids
if(isset($_POST['ids']))
{
//loop through them
foreach($_POST['ids'] as $id)
{
//$id is the id of the row selected. This is where you do whatever it is you want to record them for your basket
}
}

Thank you for your quick response. I will look into this now. :happy-04:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.