Php Oo Or Procedural

bunnyali2013

Well, I am not a programmer. I have a diploma in IT but not in computer science field. I am more like a designer but I know some server side stuffs like MySQL and PHP (Procedural).

I am making a website where people will share texts. There will be registration and login, then the user account where the user can edit his/her account settings and delete his/her text uploaded if he/she wants. There will be a form to post the texts. There will be a pagination. Of course, all will be in database and with security.

I know many will say OO is better etc...bla bla bla. But the website I will make is not huge or complex like Facebook, Amazon or even other bulky websites. So, I can go with Procedural? By the way, Procedural is not dead, in fact it is still used more on medium-sized application. It is not a matter I do not want to learn OO, but, the website I am doing is not huge at all! Some functions that's all, and I dont have an issue to update the codes. In fact, it will not be updated too much.

Your opinion?