Table Won't Show In Firefox

cheeseus

Hello,

I am not too sure if this is for the HTML or for the CSS section; if Mods think it is for the CSS, please move it.

Problem: In this site I am making, I am nesting a table displaying a calendar with a news archive. The table will not show in Firefox (updated to latest version). It shows in Chrome, IE 9, and Opera. It even shows in my phone's browser (Android 4.0)!

Both the HTML and the CSS of the site validate, I have examined everything a dozen times, I even inserted <tbody></tbody> tags, which is never do...

The table's actual code is there when you look at the page source, it just won't display.

I have no idea what is wrong and I hope someone can help me out here.

Here's the site: http://amalipe.com

Edited by cheeseus

Your table is to the right of the DIV. So yes, this is a CSS issue. You probably have the overflow hidden else you would see it sitting to the right. You need to check your margins and floats, positions, etc. and make sure that everything's correct.

Hint .. Try using Firebug. It will show you exactly where it is when you hover over the source.

The problem is your little title banner thing there is pushing it to the side. If you set the news_archive div to float left, then you can see it. If you set your left margin to 10% (I'm assuming your calendar is 80% because it fits so perfect) then it will be centered there.

You may wanna double check your margin and size because I didn't bother to look.

The problem is your little title banner thing there is pushing it to the side. If you set the news_archive div to float left, then you can see it. If you set your left margin to 10% (I'm assuming your calendar is 80% because it fits so perfect) then it will be centered there.

You may wanna double check your margin and size because I didn't bother to look.

Excellent! Thank you!

It is sorted now. I did have two "overflow:hidden" statements in the CSS - one applied to images, and the other was to everything contained in the #body container. Neither of them affected presentation though, they were left over from the old design which I am little by little changing and improving.

But the real problem was exactly where you said it was - so I set the #news_archive DIV to float left and the DIV with calendar went into place. Then I set the DIV width to 98% to fill in the entire area and everything looks great!

Now to the rest of the appearance :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.