Newbie Css Problem

BeFreebies

I have been strugling with the same problem for a few days now and I am about to give up. I have a website from a template and I am trying to insert vertical banners into the site (http://www.befreebies.com) and the only way I could figure out how to do that was with the code listed below, but when I resize the browser window the vertical banners float on the page, usually exactly over something I don't want to cover. I have googled and fiddled for days and I don't want to sound lazy... but is there anyone who can tell me if there a way to do this with CSS that that tells it to change its size and position on the page if I resize the screen? Thanks in advance.

<DIV ID="Banner" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:250px; left:1245px"> <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = (((my banner goes here))) </div>

Thanks.

I am sorry -- I have struggled with this for days but I do not really understand it. As I said, this was a template and I have managed to botch it up pretty good. Most of everything on that page is from the original template. I personally added the code to add the ad banners a few days ago and have tried almost nonstop to get them to work. I have tried many different things. Are you saying I should use float:left instead of "position"?

Yes, I would edit the first part of each like so:

<div class=banner>

Then in your css add (you may need to adjust the margins to get it to sit where you want it):

.banner {
float:left;
margin:100px 10px 0px 10px;
}

It's hard to read your html code, but I think your first banner code should come before:

<div id=wrapper>

And the second banner code should come after the closing </div> for "wrapper".

Edited by parkerj

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that you will need to calculate the width and make adustments. The width, margins and padding of .banner and the wrapper must not exceed the overall width of the section. However, I can't determine what that width is. This is why the main section is being push down.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.