How To Combine Executable Start With Menu Change?

yshua

Dear helpful people:

Would like to know how to tie in the following code with an executable start and a pass to the next form.php menu for customer data entry:

<?php include "includes/header1.php" ?></td>   </tr>
 <tr><td height="153" valign="center"><table width="799" height="185" align="center"><tr><td  height="179" valign="top"><h2><strong><p>	  <p>  <p>  <p>	 Please authorize us to verify Windows pc compatibility and enough free disk space to continue....</strong></h2>			 <p>				   <h2>.</p>   </tr> </table></td></tr><tr><td height="47" align="center">
<p align="center"><a href="checkpc.exe" style="text-decoration:underline; color:#33CC33;"><h2><strong>							   Authorize</strong></h2></a></p>		   
</p></td></tr></table></td>   </tr> </table></td></tr><tr><td height="47" align="center">
<HTML><META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=utf-8">
</td></tr></table> </body> </html>

Would like to share the outcome of the checkpc.exe with the customer if incompatible to download, but that is something independent of finding it successful or unsuccessful and then allowing the customer to proceed onto the entry form.php....

Any help appreciated,

Yshua

No, just no.

Do what people told you in your other thread: Put a notice on you site about your software being for Windows only, make it quite apparent by adding a windows-esque logo before the download link as well if you will. Don't try to block out people running other operating systems at the time of download, as lots of people download on one system to install on another.

Whatever you do: Do not expect people to actually download and run code to be "allowed" to download from you. Nothing screams "malware" as much as that, and (to be brutally honest) your software is not that special.

Do anything to stop your customers from downloading on their preferred system, and you've just lost customers.

Dear Christian:

Thanks for assuming my game is malware! I state on my site that certain gui information is used to stop pirating of downloads, and this has been ongoing for over a year! Please retract that accusation. And during Christmas season, disappointing customers is THE most important consideration on my mind. I certainly apologize for appearing to exhibit a means for programmers to attempt malware, so if that is truly the case, forget this question altogether!

Very sorry to have ever raised such a sad subject,

Yshua

Just put the information on the site that the application is windows-only and that you do not issue refunds and be done with it. If you really feel the need to make absolutely certain the person knows the terms, put a "I understand the app is Windows-only, and agree to the terms" checkbox and make it mandatory. You can't always stop stupid people from doing stupid things.

Dear Pikachu2000:

I like your approach, but would like to know how to briefly write code which would do just that! Would this be a slipped in menu that simply has a button, "Authorize?" with appropriate disclaimers detailed on the same menu? That simple?

Sincerely,

Yshua

Dear Pikachu2000:

There! Now you know why I started this topic in the first place. Can someone please show me how to program a checkbox, as well as how to verify it was checked on my customer data entry menu?

That would make my day!

Sincerely,

Yshua

You need to re-read my statement: I did not say that your software was malware in any way. What I said was having a site trying to automatically execute code screams "malware", and that would cause people to avoid your site (in the assumption that it was malware).

As for how to make something like that, a simple search for "html checkbox" brought up this page. Amongst a lot of other relevant hits.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.