Can You Give Me Criticism Please?

Love2c0de

Hi,

I am wondering if you could possibly give me some criticism on my site. I am using backend php files to run the site so I am quite happy with my setup. It's more to do with the actual designing of the site rather than the functionality (I will be adding some javascript effects within the next few days).

I have set all my elements, margins/padding to % and I had someone take a look on a larger resolution and it looked 'reasonably' ok but still needs to be changed. I spent a few hours last night creating a totally separate copy of my CSS file and setting everything with pixels and it looks the same as it did when I set it with %.

I just need some criticism on the actual design because I'm not impressed myself. It looks too amateur to me.

Here is the link: http://www.labtec.0fees.net/

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Regards,

AotB.

Edited by AoTBuNgLe

hey d00d is this ur code

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in <b>/home/vol3/0fees.net/fees0_11240271/htdocs/GardenableImproved/core/get_specific_product.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />
<iframe src='http://ifastnet.com/pop.html' name='frame1' scrolling='no' frameborder='no' align='center' MARGINWIDTH='0' MARGINHEIGHT='0' height = '10px' width = '10px'>  </iframe><br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysqli::prepare() [<a href='mysqli.prepare'>mysqli.prepare</a>]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in <b>/home/vol3/0fees.net/fees0_11240271/htdocs/GardenableImproved/core/get_specific_product.php</b> on line <b>5</b><br />
<iframe src='http://ifastnet.com/pop.html' name='frame1' scrolling='no' frameborder='no' align='center' MARGINWIDTH='0' MARGINHEIGHT='0' height = '10px' width = '10px'>  </iframe><br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in <b>/home/vol3/0fees.net/fees0_11240271/htdocs/GardenableImproved/core/get_specific_product.php</b> on line <b>5</b><br />
<iframe src='http://ifastnet.com/pop.html' name='frame1' scrolling='no' frameborder='no' align='center' MARGINWIDTH='0' MARGINHEIGHT='0' height = '10px' width = '10px'>  </iframe>Error:

I have all of your source files. :D

But seriously I do.

lol it all went tits up. I'll turn error reporting off for now. Probably create a new hosting account as well now that you have all my details :o

What a muppet. I only took it down to sort the font, which I've now changed to trebuchet ms for now.

Edited by AoTBuNgLe

Thank you both for the tips.

I've just changed the display errors to off, and now it is only reporting 'Error:' (which is my string which I put before the mysqli_error()) so that is ok for now. I'll look into the other two mentioned though.

Regards,

AoTB.

Ah I remember that coming up on localhost when I purposely put in a mistake in the code. I forgot to change it though.

Cheers for that! I completely forgot.

I'm getting quite confused here, I might take it down, carry on in localhost until I have got rid of these problems.

Kind regards,

AotB

Edited by AoTBuNgLe

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.