Where To Find The Zf.bat File In Zend Framework?

Stefany93

Hello,

First of all, if anyone here remembers my opposition frameworks, I want to say that I was wrong, and I am sorry.

Moving on, I downloaded the Zend Framework from the official website and now I am following a tutorial

on how to install it but I am stuck with the question that I can't seem to find the zf.bat file in order to access the Zend Framework in the command prompt. The guy who created the tutorial said it is located in the bin folder, but all there is in the bin folder are just a bunch of .php files.

Could you please tell me where to find it?

Thank you!

Best Regards

Stefany

Edited by Stefany93

That tutorial seems to be about Zend Framework 1, which is fundamentally different than its successor. There is a decent tutorial on the official website and it is relatively easy to follow. I am not aware of any command line tools except for two that help you generate class maps and plugin maps. This is, however, not relevant before you are going to put a site into production. You can even do without them, but they help improve performance. If you are interested, they can be found within the bin folder when downloading the full version of ZF2.

Since you are following a tutorial, I doubt what you are after is to add console support to an application of yours. Either way, Zend\Console can be used for this. But for the development tools, I am not sure they exist anymore. At least I haven't heard about any.

Edited by Andy123

• 2 weeks later...

That tutorial seems to be about Zend Framework 1, which is fundamentally different than its successor. There is a decent tutorial on the official website and it is relatively easy to follow. I am not aware of any command line tools except for two that help you generate class maps and plugin maps. This is, however, not relevant before you are going to put a site into production. You can even do without them, but they help improve performance. If you are interested, they can be found within the bin folder when downloading the full version of ZF2.

Since you are following a tutorial, I doubt what you are after is to add console support to an application of yours. Either way, Zend\Console can be used for this. But for the development tools, I am not sure they exist anymore. At least I haven't heard about any.

Thank you very much for the help!

• 1 month later...

Hello again.

Zend Framework 2.1.0 and 2.0.7 have just been released and with it came a tool! Below is a quote from the releaselog:

Enrico Zimuel has been hacking on the ZFTool project, to provide tooling support for the framework. This has resulted in zftool.phar, which provides the following capabilities at this time:

• Skeleton application creation
  • Module creation within a skeleton
  • Autoloader classmap creation
  • ZF2 installation to a directory

Expect more capabilities in the future!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.