Php Twitter Search Api

itsjimmy91

Hey guys. I'm new here and pretty new to PHP. I know the basics of the language and can do most simple things, but I am working with Twitter in a project now and I have never worked with it before in terms of PHP.

I have a PHP page that simply provides a link that the user clicks on to go to the Twitter page where they are asked to grant access to my application to use their Twitter. I do this through oAuth and this works as it should, returning a token. Upon granting access, a user is sent to a new PHP page which simply asks them to enter a search term.

Once they enter a search term, I want to take that term and simply run it through the Twitter Search API. I then want to grab all of the IDs of the Tweets returned and store them.

Here is the code that I have:

<?php

session_start();

ob_start();

include 'lib/EpiCurl.php';

include 'lib/EpiOAuth.php';

include 'lib/EpiTwitter.php';

include 'lib/secret.php';

$oauth_token = $_POST['authtoken'];

$search = $_POST['searchterm'];

$tweets = $_POST['tweets'];

$url = 'http://api.search.twitter.com/search.json?q='.$searchterm;

$twitterObj = new EpiTwitter($consumer_key, $consumer_secret);

$twitterObj->setToken($oauth_token);

$token = $twitterObj->getAccessToken();

$twitterObj->setToken($token->oauth_token, $token->oauth_token_secret);

$_SESSION['ot'] = $token->oauth_token;

$_SESSION['ots'] = $token->oauth_token_secret;

$twitterInfo = $twitterObj->get_accountVerify_credentials();

$twitterInfo->response;

$creds = $twitterObj->get($url);

?>

Now I'm stuck with what $creds is actually holding and how I will get the Tweet ID's out of it. I've tried a bunch of echo statements to attempt to figure it out, but I can't seem to get it. I feel like I'm close.

Thanks for any help.

Hm.. ok. I didn't know about var_dump(), that's definitely a helpful thing to know. Thanks for that.

This is what shows on the var_dump of $creds...

object(EpiTwitterJson)#7 (1) { ["resp":"EpiTwitterJson":private]=> object(EpiCurlManager)#8 (2) { ["key":"EpiCurlManager":private]=> string(14) "Resource id #8" ["epiCurl":"EpiCurlManager":private]=> object(EpiCurl)#2 (6) { ["mc":"EpiCurl":private]=> resource(5) of type (curl_multi) ["msgs":"EpiCurl":private]=> NULL ["running":"EpiCurl":private]=> NULL ["requests":"EpiCurl":private]=> array(3) { ["Resource id #6"]=> resource(6) of type (curl) ["Resource id #7"]=> resource(7) of type (curl) ["Resource id #8"]=> resource( of type (curl) } ["responses":"EpiCurl":private]=> array(2) { ["Resource id #6"]=> array(5) { ["data"]=> string(167) "oauth_token=281896160-64tXSSB0Wd8qkw8HgvL125VBWyQN3zCigkfXb2ZY&oauth_token_secret=ZF9hnkCMRlRbnSZvIZEYCshqrLuR79paa4Vc1M8EyzQ&user_id=281896160&screen_name=jimmyhalter" ["code"]=> int(200) ["time"]=> float(0.29566) ["length"]=> float(167) ["type"]=> string(24) "text/html; charset=utf-8" } ["Resource id #7"]=> array(5) { ["data"]=> string(68) "{"errors":[{"message":"Sorry, that page does not exist","code":34}]}" ["code"]=> int(404) ["time"]=> float(0.115966) ["length"]=> float(68) ["type"]=> string(31) "application/json; charset=utf-8" } } ["properties":"EpiCurl":private]=> array(4) { ["code"]=> int(2097154) ["time"]=> int(3145731) ["length"]=> int(3145743) ["type"]=> int(1048594) } } } }

I'm really not sure what to do with this.

If you click on "View source" you'll get a much easier to read representation.

That said, you'll need to pursue the documentation for the class you've used, in order to find out how to pull the tweet IDs from the twitter account. What you've done above is just to authenticate against the account.

Speaking of authentication: You'll need to generate a new oAuth secret key now, seeing as how you just posted it publicly available to the entire internet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.