Code Help Requested

wantabe2

I have some php code that supervisors use to assign work to employees. I've added a field named clerks. There are 10 clerk names in the phpmyadmin database..clerk1, clerk2, clerk3, and so on to clerk10. I need for the clerk names to be automatically added to the clerk field in the form when it is opened..for instance, if the form is opened clerk1 is automatically inserted. And the next time it is opened, clerk2 is inserted until it reaches clerk10 & then starts over by inserting clerk1....is this possible?Like I said, I have a table in the database named clerk_names & the clerk's name is listed in this table. The database name is named flow. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You say you've added a "field" into the database. That implies you've added that field as part of some existing table - so I'm not understanding what you mean by that. Based upon how you want to use this data I think you need a table with fields for clerk_id, clerk_name, and last_used. The last_used field will be a timestamp value to indicate the last time the clerk was used on the form. So, on each page load of the form you would run two queries: one to get the clerk with the oldest "last_used" date and another to update their "last_used" date to the current timestamp.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.