Facebook Like Buttons For Each Post On Your Website

yandoo

Hiya I was hoping for some help please.

I have a facebook page and on that page I have made posts (many of which are created by using a link of a post on my website). I want to have either a facebook "Share this post" button or a "like my post" button on my website. All i seem to be able to do is create a "like my page" button because each post on facebook is on a single page and so the url is not unique for each post. I only need either a like or share badge for my posts.

My website does have some php pages but no database.. I cant find any info on the web either unless its for blogger sites, or word press etc.

How do i do this please?

Ok heres whats ive got so far....

On a facebook page which I am an administrator for there are several posts. On my website these posts are also articles on a page. I want to make a like button for my website on each post in the blog, which is also a post on the facebook page. (The facebook posts were created by using the url link from my website).

The blog page on my website is one long page consisting of about 13 separate articles, one after another. However each article has its own page so I used the unique url for an article to create the like button in facebook. The code then was added to my main blog page that has ALL the posts/articles in it so the like button would appear underneath every post/article on my website.

When I click the like button, its updates my profile as activity saying I liked it. Also on anothers administrator timeline in facebook it came up as a latest activity But it never does in the facebook page itself. Furthermore on the website where i clicked like it says its liked but it never says its liked in facebook at all. And so the posts on facebook never add up the likes at all for the posts.

Please help :)

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=457594590965728";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.vitalbodyhealth.com/newspost/12-2012/announcingvaccinebombshell.html" data-send="true" data-layout="button_count" data-width="90" data-show-faces="false"></div>

Does anybody know of a step by step guide or tutorial on how do this??

I've been searching the web for days, followed instructions in facebook developers and theres so much conflicting information.. All i originally wanted was a bloomin share button that would post the article to the clickers wall on facebook but it seems the Share button is no longer an option, only a like button thanks to facebook.

So I just want the likes for each article on my website to tally up on facebooks corresponding posts (which are the same articles created from the url to the specific article page on my website).

:(

This is not how it should work. The like buttons that you can use on your own website must contain the url of the current page. If you have a bunch of articles on a single url then you cannot add a unique like button for each. They must be on their own urls. As far as I know, you cannot relate like buttons on an external website to data contained within facebook i.e posts you have made within your profile.

See the following

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/dec/18/andrew-mitchell-deputy-chief-whip

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/18/britain-detaining-immigrants-indefinitely

Each article is on its own URL. The social media buttons, including the facebook one, reference that URL. You can see this when you hover over them.

You can generate the code for the buttons here:

http://sharethis.com/publishers/get-sharing-tools

Edited by neil.johnson

Thank you so much for replying! Yes I do see your point with regards to unique url. This i why i created a individual page for each blog post/article on my website. From there i used the url to make the button. Its very simple with twitter, i have a tweet button underneath each article this way...

Ok so it's not possible in facebook to match the same post on facebook with the same post on my website, even though the posts on facebook are made by using the unique url of the article page (on its own page) on my website.. Just out of curiosity is there any way this can be done?

It's not really a problem because originally all i really wanted was a Share button. So users can post the article to their walls. It doesnt seem to be an option anymore (although I can see share buttons just like i need on other websites like naturalnews.com). I can create a Send button but that only goes to individual users or groups and NOT on their walls.

it seems pointless and confussing to have a like button for the article on my website when it cannot be matched with the duplicate post on facebook...

I will check out the link you sent me now... But I dont really know where to go from here... If only a facebook like button could be as simple as tweet buttons..

Also its worth noting that I have a like button on my website for the entire site which works fine in facebook as it shows how many people like my website.

So may I ask what is the best way forward?? Sorry I find this facebook lark particulary confusing :(

Thank you ever so much for your advice I really do appreciate it... and Happy Solstice :)

I've had a look at the sharethis website and its very nice but it seems it would only work if the buttons were placed on each article/post in its own page..

I wanted the Share buttons to go underneath each article/post on the main page that contains all of them. It works fine with twitter: Using url from indvidual page with single article on to make the button then add the button underneath each article on the page with all of the articles. But I cant see it working with sharethis unless the buttons are on the individual page where the single article/post is on.

This i dont understand because many other websites have Share buttons etc undear each article on the same page so there must be a way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.