Translator Site

ayoksus

Hi,

I'm about to make a translator site where people can order a translator to translate their documents. From the site people are able to upload their file then it would be connected to a translator/member of the site. The problem is how I make an application that count the price from the document.

The most common way to rate the translation price is per word. So I need to know how many words in the document that a customer's uploaded. I thought there must be possible to count words from text file such as a word document. However, I couldn't find any way to get exact amount of a ms word 2003 document (.doc). I've found a way to count .docx, but not .doc. And there will be more files such as PDF, or rtf.

I've seen another method which only count the file size, but I don't think it would give the same result for different document format. Or it is?

The simple way I could think is to ask the visitors to copy/paste their text on a textarea, but I don't think this is the best way.

Would someone gives me an advice how can I solve this?

Thanks,

ayok

Edited by ayoksus

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.