Stumble Upon Type Site

PaulHend

I want to create a site that acts a lot like StumbleUpon. I saw a similar thread of basic scripting code on this forum but it didn't really answer the questions that I required to be answered.

What I like to do is to create a site similar to StumbleUpon and integrate APIs for a couple different sites. Allow users to find pages on Facebook and Twitter and be able to integrate their FB and Twitter accounts into it.

Example, you go to the site, log in to Facebook or Twitter and you're able to browse content from those two sites, then you can like them or retweet them. Does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to approach this?

Well, how does StumbleUpon handle those types of things? How do other competitors handle it? Do some research on your competitors and come up with ways to be different, or better in some way. Obviously you will need a lot of users, so now you'll need to figure out how to make people come to and use your site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.